- We visited lots of museums: the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Tate Modern, and the Natural History Museum...and the Tower of London.
- We eat tons of incredible food. The highlight was dinner at Roast where I eat a rabbit, cider, and Herefordshire snail pot pie...amazing!
- I was introduced to the delights of the Full English Breakfast, which consists of (for those of you who don't know) piles of breakfast meats, eggs, tomatoes, baked beans, and black pudding...total heaven! And can I just say, black pudding is magical? I'm totally obsessed with it. Happily, I've already located a store on Salt Lake that sells it.
- We saw oodles of amazing art. We saw the Lucian Freud Portraits exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery and a Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate Modern. Both exhibitions were fantastic and once in a life time experiences.
- Natascha and I attended the Royal Ballet's production of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It was spectacular, but sadly our seat were not very good. We had a great time anyway.
- And most importantly...I got to hold an owl!! A real live owl!! Talk about once in a life time.
|Me and an owl!!|
|Baby owl at the Natural History Museum|
|Mews houses in my cousin's neighborhood (South Kensington)|
|Tower of London|
|View from the inside of the Tower of London out|
|Charley with wings|
|Natascha and I in Hyde Park|
|Charley and I in Hyde Park|
|Pretty London street|
|Our wonderful hosts|