Thursday, May 24, 2012

AntiGravity Yoga at Westminster College

This is one of the reasons I love my job at Westminster College. Yesterday I got to try AntiGravity Yoga as part of a demonstration for the local media. Westminster is currently the only college/university offering Antigravity Yoga classes  in the U.S. Our instructor, Tamer Begum, is a Westminster student and is the nephew of AntiGravity creator, Chris Harrison. 

The class was so much fun...and a great full body workout. I'm pretty sore today. 

Westminster College
That me in the front (Photo: Ravell Call, Deseret News)


Westminster College
(Photo: Ravell Call, Deseret News)

Westminster College
Tamer Begum helping me into a pose (Photo: Ravell Call, Deseret News)


Westminster College
(Photo: Ravell Call, Deseret News)
AntiGravity Yoga is a hybrid that combines traditional yoga poses with aerial arts, Pilates and dance. For more information about Antigravity Yoga click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment