Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Festivities

This year June was filled with festivities, family, friends, and fun. Earlier in the month the Snow family gathered in Moab to celebrate Rachel’s (Charley’s sister) wedding. Rachel and her husband Kevin actually got married last August in civil ceremony, but do some unfortunate circumstances could not celebrate with us until this month.


We all gathered in a beautiful (and enormous) cabin in the La Sal Mountains just outside of Moab. The 6 bedroom cabin was fully equipped with a game room, hot tub, 6 full bathrooms, all with soaking tubs, and gorgeous sweeping views of the Southern Utah landscape. (Oh, and did I mention the candy buffet?) In addition to attending a beautiful reception/dinner for Rachel and Kevin, we spent the weekend hiking in Arches Nation Park, playing games, and eating yummy food. It was a lovely weekend and I really enjoyed the quality time with my new family.

Last weekend was my birthday (I turned 28 for the 8th time) and Charley and I celebrated by having a big crowd come over for a BBQ. Charley cooked his famous BBQ ribs and I bake a beautiful coconut lime cake. Fun was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment